by Matthieu Giroux
Adding sentences to a text must be done using the available procedures. Knowing that we dispose, but especially knowing that we use the most, make it possible to give meaning to our texts.
Sentences, with rhythm and creativity, create long stories. However, history must inform the reader or permits to be objective.
At first only some readers appreciate some of our stories, because we write mostly for us.
Maybe sentences are :
• A song or ballad.
• A description or analysis.
• Information or explanation.
• An injunctive text.
A dialog that is :
• A direct speech.
• Contact changes.
• Punctuation with quotes or dashes.
A poem is :
• A return of similar elements : sounds, a number of syllables, a grammatical structure, words, verses or groups of verses.
• Shifts in meaning or metaphors.
• Unusual phrases or associations, word creating.
• A graphic layout.
• A reprinting or recasting of known texts or common expressions.
A song is in the same form as a poem with :
• More repeats.
• Music that can take over.
A song is built around music. Or, with scores, we create notes, according to the rhythm of the sentences, with our emotion. You can make yourself known with a simple song written on the fly.
A story has got :
• Characters : main or secondary names and roles, physical or moral characteristics.
• A real and fictional hero.
• The chronological framework of the story : the length of the story, the time during which the story takes place, the episodes developed or simply mentioned.
• The places of the story : real or imaginary; precise or imprecise.
A story helps to highlight creativity. We promote our creativity and that of others. A dialogue gives meaning to the situation that we are trying to explain. If we give an example, a dialogue rises.
A narrative possesses :
* Focus or perspective - Who’s telling ?
* From the present can serve as the future, a past composed or imperfect.
A poem shows our emotion. Highlighting your feelings helps to keep your feelings in mind as they rise with you.
A description has got :
• A details’ choice based on the text, which the description is written.
* Basic verbal forms : the present, the imperfect.
• A point of view.
We need to know who describes. Analysis, on the other hand, goes to the subject’s goal we understand. An analysis makes it possible to set up a project. An analysis also allows us to know more about the human.
An argument :
• Has got explicit or not purposed author’s view, in order to convince.
• Using arguments and certain protagonists.
Information or explanation :
• Answers a question or problem stated at the outset.
• Announces itself displaying the presentation’s outline, or using protagonists to guide the listener’s reader.
An injunctive text is addressed directly to the reader with :
• Basic verbal forms: of the imperative, of the infinitive, of the simple future or of the present to the second person.
• A chronological organization.
• A real or usurped superiority of the informer.
We need to know where we’re going. The best texts are oriented towards an unexpected genre, a theme explored a little.
The writing explains or shows the human characters exaggerating them in order to understand them.
Write a poem, a story, a song or ballad, an analysis or explanation, a dialogue about something or someone...